Today's show was one of those encore presentations. The playlist went like this...
1) Old Crow Medicine Show; Take Em' Away; Old Crow Medicine Show
2) James McMurtry; Just Us Kids; Just Us Kids
3) Syd Straw & Evan Dando; For Shame of Doing Wrong; Beat the Retreat
4) Billy Bragg; I Keep Faith; Mr. Love & Justice
5) Old Crow Medicine Show; Highway Halo; Tennessee Pusher
6) Keith Sykes; Pictures; Let it Roll
7) Donnie Fritts & Waylon Jennings; A Damn Good Country Song; Everybody's Got a Song
8) Lucinda Williams; It's a Long Way to the Top; Little Honey
9) Lucinda Williams; Real Love; Honey Baby
10) Bob Dylan; Tangled Up in Blues; Live 1975
11) Warren Zevon; Numb as a Statue; The Wiind
12) Lyle Lovett; Don't Cry a Tear; It's Not Big, It's Large
Thanks for listening...and here's an old Townes Van Zandt video you might enjoy...Hi All,
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Talked a fair amount today about the summer concert series at the MN Zoo--great place for a show. Tickets go on sale to the general public May 18th at 10 am.
The playlist for the 17th went like this...
1) Todd Burge My Roots; Hip About Time
2) Jorma Kaukonen; Fur Peace Rag; Stars in My Crown
3) Sam Bush; The Dolphin Dance; Laps in Seven
4) Leo Kottke; Watermelon; 6 & 12 String Guitar
5) Keb Mo; Shave Your Legs; Keep it Simple
6) Alejandro Escovedo; Looking for Love; The Boxing Mirror
7) Robert Earl Keen; Travelin' Light; Walking Distance
8) Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver; Monroe's Mandolin; Lonely Street
9) Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver; Lonely Street; Lonely Street
10) Jeff Troxel; Sand Coulee Road; Dancing in the Flame
11) Rodney Crowell; Closer to Heaven; Sex & Gasoline
12) The Flatlanders; Thank God for the Road; Hills & Valleys
13) Greg Brown; Kate's Song; Greg Brown in the Hills of California
14) Todd Snider; Old Friends; Peace, Love & Anarchy
And for the video...how about a little Billy Bragg
Thursday, May 14, 2009
The Mother's Day show went like this...
1) Iris Dement; Mama's Opry; Infamous Angel
2) Julie Lee; Made from Scratch; Still House Road
3) Don Rigsby; If I Had a Mother Like You; Empty Old Mailbox
4) Ralph Stanley; A Distant Land to Roam; A Distant Land to Roam (tribute to the Carter Family)
Three from Maybelle Carter on her 100th birthday--all songs from Wildwood Pickin'
5) The Storms are on the Ocean
6) Wildwood Flower
7) Gold Watch and Chain
and three from Rodney Crowell's excellent new cd, Sex and Gasoline
9) Closer to Heaven
10) Sex and Gasoline
11) I've Done Everything I can
and then three from Woody Guthrie's Songs for Mother and Child...
12) One Day Old
13) Rattle my Rattle
15) Bruce Springsteen; Reason to Believe; Nebraska
16) The Yellow Room Gang; Simple Faith; The Yellow Room Gang
Well, about eight years after everybody else, I've learned how to embed video into a blog...so maybe we'll start a video of the week sorta deal. Here's Rodney Crowell performing "Closer to Heaven" at the Ark in Ann Arbor, Michiagn.
Monday, May 04, 2009
A special show today on Pete Seeger's 90th. The playlist went like this...
1) Pete Seeger; Oh Sacred World; Sowing the Seeds
2) Steve Earle; Steve's Hammer (for Pete); Washington Square Serenade
3) P.S.; Oh Mary Don't You Weep; The Best of Pete Seeger
4) P.S.; If You Miss Me at the Back of the Bus; Live at Carnegie Hall
5) P.S.; Down by the Riverside; The Best of P.S.
6) Bruce Springsteen; Oh Mary Don't You Weep; The Seeger Sessions
7) P.S.; Little Boxes; Live at Carnegie Hall
8) Greg Brown; Sailing Down My Golden River; Where Have all the Flowers Gone (Tribute to P.S.)
9) P.S.; Skip to my Lou; American Favorite Ballads
10) P.S.; This Land is Your Land; American Favorite Ballads
11) P.S.; My Ramblin' Boy; Live at Carnegie Hall
12) P.S.; I know an Old Lady (who swallowed a fly); Birds, Beasts, Bugs & Fishes
13) Pete Seeger & Friends; Bring em' Home; Sowing the Seeds
14) Tommy Sands & Delores Keane; Where Have all the Flowers Gone; Where Have all the Flowers Gone (tribute to Pete)
Here's the letter Pete Seeger wrote to Seventeen magazine back in 1963--a great read. And below is a really nice story on the the party thrown for Pete at Madison Square Garden. The story contains Springsteen's entire speech about Pete--great stuff.