Before we get the the playlist, just another reminder of the very cool new exhibit brought to the area by the Nicollet County Historical Society and the Arts Center of St. Peter: "New Harmonies: American Roots Music." Here's a blog post about the exhibit from Ben Leonard, Executive Director of the Nicollet County Historical Society. And here's a story in the Saint Peter Herald about the exhibit as well as a link to the Arts Center of Saint Peter where you can find more info about the exhibit and the great programming related to it.
Now about the show on the 22nd...
Minnesota State University, Mankato student Phil Molling co-hosted today's show. Phil is very interested in community radio and did a great job on air--it was a pleasure having him on the show.
The playlist for the 22nd went like this...
1) Drive By Truckers; Bob; Brighter than Creation's Dark
2) Alejandro Escovedo; Down in the Bowery; Street Songs of Love
3) Lucinda Williams; Blessed; Blessed
4) Richard and Linda Thompson; Jet Plane in a Rocking Chair; Watching the Dark
5) Mark & Mike; The Song of the One-Legged Chicken
6) Buddy Miller; Sneaky Snake
7) Patty Griffin; I Love
8) Los Lobos; Johnny 99; Badlands
9) Bruce Springsteen; Good Eye; Working on a Dream
10) Slaid Cleaves; Lost of the V8s; Thunder Road: Tracks Inspired by the Boss
11) John Prine; The Sins of Memphisto; The Missing Years
12) Old Crow Medicine Show; Take em' Away; TransAmerica Soundtrack
13) Dave Alvin; Blue Wing; Wounded Heart of America: Tom Russell Songs
14) Elizabeth Mitchell; Keep on the Sunny Side; Sunny Day
15) The Kennedys; Namaste; Sowing the Seeds: The 10th Anniversary Appleseed Recordings