I seem to have lost the darn playlist, but I think it went about like this...
1) Loudon Wainwright III; The Picture; History
2) Warren Zevon; Dirty Life and Times; The Wind
3) Rodney Crowell; Beautiful Despair; The Outsider
4) Richard Thompson; From Galway to Graceland; Watching the Dark
5) Guy Clark; Magdalene; Workbench Songs
6) Guy Clark; Funny Bone; Workbench Songs
7) Alejandro Escovedo; Five Hearts Breaking; Gravity
8) Alejandro Escovedo; Broken Bottle; Gravity
9) Woody Guthrie; Hobo's Lullaby; This Land is Your Land (Ash Recordings Vol. 1)
10) Cisco Houston; Dark as a Dungeon; The Roots of Bob Dylan (cd from Mojo Magazine)
11) The New Lost City Ramblers; No Depression in Heaven; The Early Years (1958-1962)
12) Sarah Lee Guthrie & Johnny Irion; Holdin' Back; Exploration
13) John Prine; Long Monday; Fair and Square
14) Steve Goodman; Old Smoothies; Live Wire
15) Lyle Lovett; Closing Time; Lyle Lovett
A couple other things...
**Next week's show will be played on Christmas Eve at its usual time and at some point on Christmas Day. It has become something of an annual tradition to play a good deal of stuff from John Prine's Christmas release...although much of the cd has little to do with Christmas.
**The good folks at Shuffle Function got me interested in Daniel Johnston; the film about his life, The Devil and Daniel Johnston, is really worth a look.
Happy Holidays to all