Sorry this post is a bit late. The playlist ended up in Minneapolis, and I had to get it back down this way. Speaking of playlists...this weekend's show (August 12th) will be a repeat from a couple years ago--all the songs on the 12th were selected by my wife and are, well, a bit more uplifting than some of the ones I select each week. Hope you'll tune in...
Ok...the playlist for the 5th went like this...
1) Steve Goodman; Old Smoothies; Live Wire
2) Peter Case; Beyond the Blues; A Case for Case...
3) Dave Alvin; Blue Wing; King of California
4) Nanci Griffith; Workin' in Corners; One Fair Summer Evening
5) John Hiatt; Slow Turning; Slow Turning
6) John Prine & Iris Dement; In Spite of Ourselves
7) Billy Joe Shaver; Live Forever; The Real Deal
8) James McMurtry; Right Here Now; Where'd You Hide the Body
9) Dolly P, Linda R, EmmyLou H; After the Gold Rush; Trio II
10) Robert Earl Keen; Snowin' on Raton; Live in Austin
11) Notorious Cherrybombs; It's Hard to Kiss the Lips at Night That Chew Your Ass Out All Day Long; Notorious Cherrybombs
12) Hayes Carll; Good Friends; Littlerock
13) Vince Gill; Somethings Never Get Old; These Days
14) Indigo Girls & Ani Difranco; Ramblin' Round; Till We Outnumber em'