Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June 15th, 2008--5th Anniversary Show

Hi All,

Before the playlist...went to see Billy Bragg on Friday night up at the Cedar Cultural Center. Outstanding show--one of the best I've ever seen, really. Good political banter, great songs, and fun interaction with the audience. If you're not yet a Billy Bragg fan, check him out... And if you're one of those serious fans, I'd really appreciate a note about what I should be sure to explore, buy, etc. (listentoyourfolks@hotmail.com). I know some of his work but after the show I'd really like to learn more...

The playlist for the 15th went like this...

1) Todd Snider; Combover Blues; Peace, Love & Anarchy

2) Guy Clark; To Live is to Fly; Poet: A Tribute to Townes Van Zandt
3) Gillian Welch; Red Clay Halo; Time (The Revelator)
4) Jon Byrd; Jackknife; The Other Side: Music from East Nashville

5) Loudon Wainwright III; Daughter; Strange Weirdos
6) John Prine; Daddy's Little Pumpkin; The Missing Years
7) Loudon Wainwright III; Being a Dad; Little Ship

8) Bob Dylan; Frankie & Albert; Good As I Been to You;
9) Eliza Gilkyson; Emerald Street; Beautiful World
10) Bruce Springsteen; Froggie Went a Courtin'; The Seeger Sessions
11) Billy Bragg; I Keep Faith; Mr. Love & Justice

12) Richard Thompson; I Can't Wake Up to Save My Life; Mirror Blue
13) John Hiatt; Slow Turnin'; John Hiatt Anthology
14) James McMurtry; Bayou Tortous; Just Us Kids

No comments: