All music on today's show was mentioned in some form in Michael Perry's new book, Coop. Great book...and great music.
The playlist went like this...
1) Fred Eaglesmith; Bailin' Again; The Official Bootleg Series, Vol. II
2) The New Christy Minstrels; Green, Green; Greatest Hits
3) Greg Brown; Say a Little Prayer; In the Hills of California
4) Willie Nelson & Friends; Heartbreak Hotel; The Essential Willie Nelson
5) Steve Earle; Continental Trailways Blues; The Essential Steve Earle
6) Steve Earle; Six Days on the Road; The Essential Steve Earle
7) Duck for the Oyster; Dip and Dive; May We Have This Dance
8) Minnie Pearle; On Top of Old Smokey; Live From Grinder's Switch
9) Stan and Doug; Yust Go Nuts at Christmas; Yust Go Nuts at Christmas
10) Vince & Jenny Gill; Peace on Earth; Peace on Earth
11) Supertramp; Give a Little Bit; Greatest Hits
12) Duck for the Oyster/Kevin McMullin; Trash; Free Download
13) Bronski Beat; Small Town Boy; Greatest Hits
14) Michael Perry & the Longbeds; Somewhere Out In Mudrook; Headwinded
15) Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass; Green Peppers; Whipped Cream & Other Delights
And here's Mike introducing the book that led to today's show...