Before the playlist...This Labor Day I heard an outstanding interview with Utah Phillips. Really worth listening to the entire thing. I heard it on WOJB, a really great community radio station out of Reserve, Wisconsin.
The playlist for Labor Day weekend went like this...
1) Peter Case; Down the Line; Peter Case Sings Like Hell
2) Steve Earle; Pancho and Lefty; Townes
3) Kate Campbell; Wrought Iron Fences; The Portable Kate Campbell
4) Tim O'Brien; Look Down That Lonesome Road; Fiddler's Green
5) Jay Ungar & Molly Mason; Bound for Another Harvest Home; Harvest Home
6) Fred Eaglesmith; John Deer; Ralph's Last Show
7) Warren Zevon; The Factory; Sentimental Hygiene
8) Son Volt; Bandages and Scars; Okemah and the Melody of Riot
Three songs from artists playing at next weekend's Rock Bend Folk Festival in St. Peter, Minnesota
9) Charlie Roth; Star Motel
10) Grams & Krieger; Memphis Train
11) Harry Manx; Only Then Will Your House Be Blessed
12) Charlie King; Are You Now or Have You Ever Been; Food, Phone, Gas, Lodging
13) Billy Bragg & The Blokes; Take Down the Union Jack; England, Half English
14) Tom Russell; Who's Gonna Build Your Wall; Wounded Heart of America
15) Chuck Ragan; Let it Rain; Gold Country
And how about some Utah Phillips--the interview above really is worth a listen. Inspiring and thoughtful...