Sunday, January 06, 2013

January 6th, 2013

Happy New Year Everyone,

I'm posting the playlist about ten minutes after the show--so far keeping my resolution to be better about getting these lists posted.  As always, thanks for listening and for supporting community radio!

Before the list...here are links to the items I mentioned on today's show...the great blog post connecting a haircut to Bruce Springsteen, the book about former champ Floyd Patterson, and the magazine article called "Frank Sinatra has a Cold"--enjoy.  Oh, and I also shared my affection for the song, The Rose--heard it the other day while putting gas in my car and am not ashamed to say I was moved.  Well, maybe kinda ashamed, but...

The playlist for the 6th went like this...

1) John Prine, Spanish Pipedream; In Person and On Stage

2) Robert Plant & Allison Krauss; Killing the Blues; Raising Sand
3) Robert Plant & Allison Krauss; Gone, Gone, Gone; Raising Sand
4) Steve Goodman; Old Fashioned; Words We can Dance To

5) The Avett Brothers; The Once and Future Carpenter; The Carpenter
6) The Avett Brothers; I Never Knew You; The Carpenter
7) Redbird; Buckets of Rain; Redbird
8) The Yellow Room Gang; Simple Faith; The Yellow Room Gang

9) Bruce Springsteen; Cadillac Ranch; The River
10) Jay Farrar and Friends; Hoping Machine; New Multitudes
11) Iris Dement; Hobo Bill's Last Ride; The Songs of Jimmie Rogers

12) Old Crow Medicine Show; Mississippi Saturday Night; Carry Me Back
13) Doc Watson; Stream of Whiskey; Doc Watson
14) Old Crow Medicine Show; Country Gal; Carry Me Back

15) Townes Van Zandt; If I Needed You; First Album


No comments: