Sunday, August 07, 2016

August 7th, 2016

Hi All,

Talked quite a bit today about a new book I'm reading--Warren Zevon:  Desperado of Los Angeles.  Very much worth a read.  Great stuff.

Today's show, partly inspired by the book, went like this...

1) Bob Dylan; Baby I'm in the Mood for You; Sidetracks (I'd mean to start the show with this one, but technical problems led me to a pretty darn good replacement).

2) Steve Earle and Shawn Colvin; Ruby Tuesday; Colvin & Earle
3) Terry Allen; Old Friends; This One's for Him
4) Greg Brown; Good Morning Coffee; If I Had Known...

5) Shawn Colvin; Tenderness on the Block; Fat City
6) Jordan Zevon; Studebaker; Insides Out
7) Rachel Stamp; Carmelita; Hurry Home Early:  The Songs of Warren Zevon
8) Vitamin String Quartet; I Was in the House When the House Burned Down; The String Quartet Tribute to Warren Zevon:  Dad, get me out of this!

9) Redbird; Ships; Redbird
10) Robert Earl Keen; Laughing River; The Rose Hotel
11) Iris Dement; Fifty Miles of Elbow Room; Infamous Angel

12) James McMurtry; Paint by Numbers; Too Long in the Wasteland
13) Warren Zevon; My Ride is Here; My Ride is Here




No comments: