Friday, February 02, 2018

February 4th, 2018

Today's show featured Americana and Roots music nominated for or winning a Grammy in 2018

We started with songs nominated for best American Roots Performance

1) Alabama Shakes; Killer Diller Blues; American Epic (Winner)
2) Glen Campbell; Arkansas Farmboy; Adios 
3) Alison Krauss; I Never Cared for You; Windy City

And then songs from the Best Americana Song Category...

5) David Rawlings Cumberland Gap
6) Rodney Crowell; It Ain't Over Yet; Close Ties
7) The Mavericks; I Wish You Well; Brand New Day
8) Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit; If We Were Vampires; The Nashville sound

And from the best Americana Album category...

9) Greg Allman; I Love the Life I Live; Southern Blood
10) Iron and Wine; Call it Dreaming; Beast Epic
11) Brent Cobb; Solving Problems; Shine on Rainy Day

And given it seems the Grammy Awards for Americana artist were kinda male-dominated, we closed the show with a couple good ones not nominated (in fairness, I haven't a clue if these records were released at a time that allowed for being nominated).

12) Amanda Shires; Harmless; My Piece of Land
13) Margo Price; Loner; All American Made

No comments: