Well, 2007 has arrived. Happy new year to all... I meant to post the playlist for the Christmas show, but the holidays got the better of me.
A few non-music topics were mentioned on today's show...
The Anchor Bar in Superior Wisconsin is a wonderful place. Great burgers and an atmosphere in which a guy could write a pretty good folk song. Here's a well written description of the place and here's a Minnesota Public Radio story about the bar and the town (scroll down a few stories and you'll find the story) .
I also mentioned Cheri Register's book Packinghouse Daughter--a great read, especially if you have ties to the Albert Lea/Austin Area (although I don't and still loved the book).
A version of the first chapter of Packinghouse Daughter was orginally published as an essay titled Workshirt Manifesto.
OK...the playlist for January 7th...
1) Vince Gill; Some Things Never Get Old; These Days
2) Guy Clark; Analog Girl; Workbench Songs
3) Stacey Earl and Mark Stuart; Up in Annie's Room; S & M Communion Bread
4) Rodney Crowell; Still Learning How to Fly; Fate's Right Hand
5) Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash; Girl From the North Country; Nashville Sklyine
6) The Flying Burrito Brothers; To Love Somebody; The Gram Parsons Anthology
7) EmmyLou Harris and Friends; The Pilgrim; The Pilgrim: A Celebration of Krist Kristofferson
8) Vince Gill; All Prayed Up; These Days
9) Son Volt; Bandages and Scars; Okemah and the Melody of Riot
10) Los Lobos; Little Things; The Town and the City
11) Vince Gill with Phil Everly; Sweet Little Corrina; These Days
12) Rosanne Cash; The Way We Make a Broken Heart; King's Record Shop
13) John Hiatt; Ain't Ever Goin' Back; Master of Disaster
14) Wayne Hancock; Shooting Star from Texas; Blooshot Records Sampler