As I mentioned on today's show, I'm trying to put together a show full of folkish songs about places like bars, diners, barbershops, etc--the kinds of places sociologist Ray Oldenburg defines as third places. Please send anything that comes to mind to firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks!
The playlist for the 16th went like this...
1) Peter Ostroushko; Bemidji Blues; Postcards
2) Carrie Newcomer; Betty's Diner; Regulars & Refugees
3) Steve Goodman; The One That Got Away; Live Wire
4) Fred Eaglesmith; Milly's Cafe; Milly's Cafe
5) Emmylou Harris; Silent Night; Light of the Stable
6) John Prine; Christmas in Prison; Great Days
7) Emmylou Harris; Light of the Stable; Light of the Stable
8) Eric Anderson; Eyes of the Immigrant; You Can't Relive the Past
9) Steve Earle; City of Immigrants; Washington Square Serenade
10) Tom Russell; Who's Gonna Build Your Wall; Wounded Heart of America
**I try to avoid direct political commentary on the show and blog, but something tells me Chuck Norris doesn't have all the answers when it comes to immigration. Just a thought, but...
11) Keith Sykes; It Just Don't Get No Better Than This; Let It Roll
12) Chris Knight; Bring the Harvest Home; Chris Knight
13) Nitty Gritty Dirt Band; Keep on the Sunny Side; Will the Circle be Unbroken